The chains digging
Deeper and deeper
Into my ankles and wrists
Breaking the skin
The restraints are too tight
Let me be who I am
Let me speak my mind
Or let me go
My back is scared
My legs are bruised
What am I
A slave to you
I have my duties
And you have yours
If you cared about me
You would let me live
Say what’s on my mind
And be who I am
The love that you are giving me
Are making the chains
Go deeper and deeper
Into the skin
Monday, October 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
They Really should let you be who you are you are a far better person when you can just be yourself. i like it its a good poem. i have always told you your a good writer and keep writing it always helps in a way.
Post a Comment